Bent Agrostis capillaris, Agrostis stolonifera L.
- Species with the best density and fine foliage.
- Withstands frequent and close mowing (3 to 5 mm).
- Grows very slowly.
- Durable and robust.
- Excellent tolerance to shade for common bentgrass.
- Excellent resistance to sinking for the stoloniferous type.
- Tolerates light trampling but highly sensitive to heavy trampling.
- Susceptible to drought.
- Sensitive to competition between species.
- Very small seeds therefore soil must be perfectly prepared.
- Species used extensively on putting greens.