Smooth-stalked meadowgrass Poa pratensis L.
- Wear and tear tolerant.
- Produces a very dense turf.
- Very heat resistant when watered.
- Very cold resistant once established.
- Slow growth.
- Can be regenerated from its rhizomes.
- Durable and robust.
- Very slow establishment.
- Non-aggressive species affected by competition in the mixes.
- Susceptible to drought.
- Susceptible to disease (rust, red threat...).
- Rather unattractive coarse turf.
- Susceptible to heavy soils.
- Fertilisation essential.